What IS a binge?
“The consumption of large quantities of food in a short period of time, typically as part of an eating disorder”
(Oxford Dictionary Definition)
When is a binge not a binge?
Everyone eats too much from time to time. Delicious food, a celebration, or just because…we have all overdone it and that’s fine- it’s normal- if it’s done without
YOU ENJOY IT!
When is bingeing a problem?
When YOU recognize it to be a problem!
That, and when any or all of the following are a regular part of your life:
- You feel out of control around food
- You don’t know what “full” means
- You aren’t eating for pleasure
- You aren’t eating to satisfy hunger
- You cram in food to replace other things that are missing in your life
- You eat guiltily and at speed
- You eat mindlessly- as if you are in a trance sometimes
- You eat to punish yourself
- You feel an initial sense of relief when you start to eat, followed by shame, guilt and remorse
- You say that each time is the last time
- You eat vast quantities in secret, sometimes planning binges ahead of time
- You refuse social invitations to avoid eating and then binge at home alone
- You binge to numb the pain
- You binge to ease frustration
- You binge because you are having a “fat day”
- You binge because you are sad
- You have foods that somehow “trigger” a binge
- You take days off work after a binge, or don’t function properly somehow
- Your days are consumed with calories, fat content, carbs, good foods, bad foods, good days, bad days….
…and many more!
If you are still in any doubt, why not click HERE to receive my FREE questionnaire- “What’s your eating personality?”
If you feel that you are in a tunnel…
There is a way out! No one is a lost cause. I’m living proof of recovery and my programmes WILL help you find your way out!